We received a call from Newport Travel saying we had an unused travel plan and we still owed over $700 on the contract.They said we paid $698 in 2013.

They could not give me the exact month but did confirm the last 5 digits of the credit card. I searched my Quicken records and there was no such charge. there was a charge for $198 for a company located in Ft. Lauderdale (home of Newport Travel).

I had pursued getting a refund from Special-T Travel for the $198 and was successful.

In summary, this company was going to charge us over $700 for an obligation we did not have.

As we kept saying "no", the perks got better and better.Not worth dealing with a company that fabricated a story and wanted to bilk us for over $700, for 2 three day vacations in south Florida and Daytona Beach and some airline tickets.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of vacation package. Newport Travel needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned vacation package in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Newport Travel.

Had an Experience with Newport Travel?

Comments

Airbnb does not protect the consumer Airbnb "Early September I booked "Cozy apartment in the heart of Fremont" in Seattle, through Airbnb. Arrived for a late check-in, discovered the place was filthy. Because of the late hour,..." Read more Onetravel - ONE TRAVEL & CHEAP O AIR Atrocious service, FRAUD Onetravel "I never write reviews and here I registered only to write this one. I present here my email that I wrote to One Travel as well as my little "research"..." Read more Priceline charged me for their screw up Priceline "Priceline incorrectly combined my first name with my girlfriend's last name when I made car reservation..." Read more Airbnb - Room Booking Review Airbnb "Very disappointed by airbnb's customer service in helping find a resolution for the cancellation of a recent booking. Although I provided strong rationale for booking cancellation including misrepresentation of property..." Read more Helzberg Diamonds - Scamed Helzberg Diamonds "In April i bought my fiancee an engament ring from Helzberg. Its 14k white gold diamonds and blue sapphires. It after taxes was $3064.00 i lost my job do to..." Read more Physicians Hair Restoration Center - BEWARE LOREN COMITOR engaged in FRAUD & FALSE-ADVERTISING Physicians Hair Restoration Center "BEWARE – For reasons described below, Loren Comitor is a depraved individual with no morals or ethics and engaged in FRAUD & FALSE-ADVERTISING while working with Dr. Carlos J Puig..." Read more Anderson Duff Attorney Lawyer Revision Legal Revision Legal "Anderson Duff stole trust fund money from my grandfather. He is a lying, dishonest charlatan. My grandfather is now dying because he isn't able to pay for surgery. A truly..." Read more Century Communities Refusal to Fix Their Issue Century Communities "My wife and I bought a home in the Reserve at Bay Creek in Loganville Georgia on January 20, 2016. Almost immediately (January 22, 2016) we started noticing water stains..." Read more